- Technology Tools at the Virginia Adult Learning Resource Center
- Technology: LINCS
- Digital Literacy Initiatives: LINCS
- Outreach and Technical Assistance Center, OTAN, Education and Technology
- Technology and Distance Learning: Use of Technology in Teaching and Learning OCTAE
- Technology integration in the classroom: LINCS Community
- Internet/Broadband Fact Sheet, January 2017, Pew Research Center
- Mobile Fact Sheet, January 2017, Pew Research Center
- Social Media Fact Sheet, January 2017, Pew Research Center
- Integrating Technology in WIOA, 2015, U.S. Department of Education, OCTAE
- Distance Learning Policy, VA DOE
- Blended Learning for the Adult Education Classroom, David Rosen, Ed.D. and Carmine Stewart, Ph.D., Essential Eduction, Learning Made Certain, 85-page PDF doc.
- Adult Education Distance Learning Survey Results, In Session with the GED® Program, 2017, GED® Testing Service
- Distance Learning in Adult Basic Education: A Review of the Literature, LINCS
- Distance Learning in Adult Ed and its Place in the Era of WIOA – A Roundtable Discussion, July 12, 2017, Iowa Department of Education
- Ideal Distance Education and Blended Learning Handbook, Fifth Edition, August 2016, Ideal Consortium, A Project of the EdTEch Center @ World Education. In this resource learn how distance education is linked to WIOA guidelines.
- Assessing Internet Access and Online Services in Virginia, Virginia Performs, 2017 @ Virginia.gov
- Assistive Technology and Adult Literacy: Heidi Silver-Pacquilla, 2007
- Digital Divide, Pew Research, ongoing publications, current
- The Roles that Librarians and Libraries Play in Distance Education, Online Journal of Distance Learning Administration, Volume XVIII, Number 2, Spring 2015, University of West Georgia, Distance Education Center.
- The Pew Research Center: Internet and technology, 2012, How Teens Do Research in the Digital World
- 5 Tips for Effective Distance Learning With Adult Learners, Joey Lehman, 2016, e-Learning Industry
- Apps and Websites for Students and Teachers of Adult Education and Literacy, VALRC
- Instructional Technology: Research Repository
- Wisc-Online: Online training and learning objects for adult education and literacy students (through post-secondary education). Sign in for free. Only Wisconsin residents receive credentials, however.
Click on image to return to VALRC.
This blog is made available by the Virginia Adult Learning Resource Center (VALRC) for informational purposes only and to provide links to sites that lead to statistics and information about adult education and literacy. VALRC does not endorse or recommend any products, processes, or services mentioned in the linked websites and blog posts published on this site. The views and opinions authors expressed in the links on this blog do not necessarily state or reflect those of the VALRC or the Virginia Department of Education.