National & Statewide
- Grant Watch for Literacy: Literary grants for nonprofits, schools and libraries, early literacy grants, health literacy, financial literacy and literacy grants for teachers.
- 53 Companies That Support Nonprofit Organizations:
- 90+ Companies That Donate to NonProfits: Listed by Fundly
- Corporate Literacy Grants and Private Foundation Grants on American Literacy.com
- Grants and Funding: ProLiteracy provides a page with a number of national funding resources
- Bank of America Community Grants: We’re focused on building pathways to economic mobility by addressing the issues of workforce development & education, basic needs and community development.
- Dollar General Literacy Foundation: Grants Office
- National Book Fund: ProLiteracy. The National Book Fund makes grants for educational materials to adult literacy and adult basic education programs to help teach adults to read.
- Walmart Community Grant Program: Walmart associates support their communities by providing grants to local organizations.
- Costco Grants: Costco donations focus on children, education, and health and
- Wells Fargo Community Giving
- Wish You Well Foundation: Supporting adult and family literacy in the United States by fostering and promoting the development and expansion of new and existing literacy and educational programs.
- Virginia Literacy Foundation: Offers yearly $2,500 – $10,000 matching grants to 501c3 adult literacy organizations in Virginia.
- Community Foundations of Virginia: Find a statewide list on this site
- The Cameron Foundation: Tri-cities area only
In this section find resources that help grant writers strengthen their proposals.
Pre-Grant Writing Resources
- COABE PPT Presentation (2012), VALRC: Outcomes, Goals, and Objectives
- Active Verbs for Goal and Objective Statements, Dr. Matthew Lee, Southern Regional Education Board (SREB)
- Capacity Benchmarking Tool: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Downloadable Fund Development Materials
- Assessment Primer: Goals, Objectives, Outcomes: University of Connecticut
- Grant Proposal Checklist: Grantwriters Online
Grant Writing Resources
- Evaluation Handbook and Logic Model Guide: W.K. Kellogg Foundation. Click on image on the lower right hand side of the web page.
- How to Develop and Write a Grant Proposal: CRS Report for Congress, 2012
- Measuring Outcomes: Strengthening Nonprofits: A Capacity Builder’s Resource Library, developed by Compassion Capital Fund National Resource Center, in performance for a grant funded by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Grant Writing Samples: Free grant writing resources from Nonprofit Web
- Proposal Budgeting Basics: Free Webinar at Grant Space
- Foundation Center Online Grant Writing Courses – Not all of these courses are free, but they are reasonably priced.
- Grant Search Demo-Intro to Finding Grants, The Foundation Center
- Grant Writing 101: It’s Not Rocket Surgery, Virginia Commonwealth University. A step-by-step description of the process.
- Introduction to Finding Grants, The Foundation Center
- Introduction to Proposal Writing, The Foundation Center
- An Introduction to Grant Writing: One-hour webinar by Grant Pathways
- Grant Writing: Goals, Objectives, and Activities: Colorado Department of Transportation