This report on Adult Education Attainment and Assessment Scores: A Cross-National Comparison from the U.S. Department of Education (see link below) builds upon the
About this SiteThis site contains adult literacy facts and information for Virginia's adult education and literacy programs, although many links are national in scope.
~Virginia Literacy Foundation
- Data Gems – Census Data
- Learner Variability Survey
- COABE Journal – Prison Literacy: The key that opens doors to opportunities
- Fact Sheet: Immigrant-Origin Adult without Postsecondary Credentials, Migration Policy Institute
- Workplace Readiness: Can It Lead to Better Employment and Earnings for Low-Income Adults?
- “More Unprepared Than We Thought: Adult educational attainment,” an SREB Fact Sheet
- 2017 KIDS COUNT Data Book: State Trends in Child Well-Being By the Annie E. Casey Foundation’s KIDS COUNT Project
- Incarceration to Reentry: Education & Training Pathways in Ohio
- Critiquing Adult Participation in Education (CAPE)
- Adult Education Attainment and Assessment Scores: A Cross-National Comparison
- 2018 Funding for WIOA programs
- Virginia 2016 & 2017 Census Estimates
- Department of Labor: Watch and Learn Videos
- Degree and Nondegree Credentials Held by Labor Force Participants
- Strategic Leverage: Use of State and Local Laws to Enforce Labor Standards in Immigrant-Dense Occupations
- 90,697 hits
- About Facts and Statistics Adult Learning Adult Literacy America's Perfect Storm Annual Performance Report Career Pathways Child and Family Demographic Profiles Economic Development Employment Facts and Statistics for Adult Literacy GED Graduation Rates Health Literacy Immigrants Internet Statistics Job Skills Learning Disabilities National Statistics Nonprofit management PIAAC Policy Paper Poverty Research on adult education and literacy Technology in adult education Transitions U.S. Census Update Virginia Statistics Workforce Youth Statistics
- RT @vcusoe: 9/22 begins Adult Education & Family Literacy Week to remind us that millions of Americans struggle with literacy. VALRC works… 31 minutes ago
- Interesting post focusing on the pedagogy behind assignments such as answering discussion questions--the kind of as… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 hour ago
- Live Taping - Writing Our Way Out - The Podcast Season 1, Episode 1: What's Race Got to Do With It? Virginia Commo… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 hour ago
- @USCensusBureau has launched an updated website. Help your students understand the importance of statistics and exp… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 23 hours ago
- More sobering statistics - 43 Million American Adults Have 'Low' English Literacy Levels - Language Magazine… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
This blog is made available by the Virginia Adult Learning Resource Center (VALRC) for informational purposes only and to provide links to sites that lead to statistics and information about adult education and literacy. VALRC does not endorse or recommend any products, processes, or services mentioned in the linked websites and blog posts published on this site. The views and opinions authors expressed in the links on this blog do not necessarily state or reflect those of the VALRC or the Virginia Department of Education.
Banner ImageCourtesy Ken Teegardin, Numbers and Finance from flicker, taken March 19, 2011.