Virginia 2016 Census estimates for the state and all counties
About this SiteThis site contains adult literacy facts and information for Virginia's adult education and literacy programs, although many links are national in scope.
- 2018 Funding for WIOA programs
- Virginia 2016 & 2017 Census Estimates
- Department of Labor: Watch and Learn Videos
- Degree and Nondegree Credentials Held by Labor Force Participants
- Strategic Leverage: Use of State and Local Laws to Enforce Labor Standards in Immigrant-Dense Occupations
- Nonemployer Statistics–An Indicator of Virginia’s “Gig Economy”
- Adding Up The Low Costs of Literacy Among Adults
- ALICE: Looking up financial insecurity region by region in Virginia & 14 other states
- Statistics about women in the labor force
- Poverty in the U.S.
- Using the PIAAC Literacy Framework to Guide Instruction: An Introduction for Adult Educators
- 2016 American Community Survey – Virginia Educational Breakdown by Age Group
- Designing a Literacy-Based Mobile Application for Adult Learners
- New Evidence on Integrated Career Pathways: Final Impact Report for Accelerating Opportunity
- Social Media is Creating a New Emphasis on the Need for Critical Thinking
- 82,976 hits
- About Facts and Statistics Adult Learning Adult Literacy America's Perfect Storm Annual Performance Report Career Pathways Child and Family Demographic Profiles Economic Development Employment Facts and Statistics for Adult Literacy Financial Literacy GED Graduation Rates Health Literacy High School Equivalency Internet Statistics Job Skills Learning Disabilities Limited English Proficiency National Statistics Nonprofit management Policy Paper rural Virginia Technology in adult education Transitions U.S. Census Update Virginia Statistics Workforce Youth Statistics
- RT @LINCS_ED: Learn to promote higher order thinking skills (HOTT) in the #adultedu classroom. Join the #LINCSCommunity Integrating Technol… 6 days ago
- RT @AdLit: Watch and learn how students can minimize writing frustration using assistive technology tools: ow.ly/ZWF930kLHGt @CTDInst… 6 days ago
- RT @EdNCES: Find NEW DATA about #CommunityCollege students! Our new report examines 2011–12 beginning public 2-yr students, their employmen… 6 days ago
- Lots of #AdultEd CCR-aligned, classroom-ready materials in the KY Skills U Lesson Bank: lessonbank.kyae.ky.gov 6 days ago
- RT @LINCS_ED: Join the #LINCSCommunity Reading and Writing Group today through Wednesday to learn more about the @KYSkillsU Kentucky Skills… 6 days ago
This blog is made available by the Virginia Adult Learning Resource Center (VALRC) for informational purposes only and to provide links to sites that lead to statistics and information about adult education and literacy. VALRC does not endorse or recommend any products, processes, or services mentioned in the linked websites and blog posts published on this site. The views and opinions authors expressed in the links on this blog do not necessarily state or reflect those of the VALRC or the Virginia Department of Education.
Banner ImageCourtesy Ken Teegardin, Numbers and Finance from flicker, taken March 19, 2011.