About this SiteThis site contains adult literacy facts and information for Virginia's adult education and literacy programs, although many links are national in scope.
~Virginia Literacy Foundation
- Federal Initiatives: Professional Development Resources for Adult Education from the U.S. Department of Education
- Success in Teaching Reading the Mississippi Way – Emphasis on Phonics, Decoding, & Comprehension Leads to No. 1 Ranking
- From Adult Learning Spotlight: Powerful Learning, November 2019
- The National Report Card on Adult Financial Literacy
- No Matter What Obstacle is Thrown My Way
- Adult English Literacy in the United States – NCES Data Point
- Data Gems – Census Data
- Learner Variability Survey
- COABE Journal – Prison Literacy: The key that opens doors to opportunities
- Fact Sheet: Immigrant-Origin Adult without Postsecondary Credentials, Migration Policy Institute
- Workplace Readiness: Can It Lead to Better Employment and Earnings for Low-Income Adults?
- “More Unprepared Than We Thought: Adult educational attainment,” an SREB Fact Sheet
- 2017 KIDS COUNT Data Book: State Trends in Child Well-Being By the Annie E. Casey Foundation’s KIDS COUNT Project
- Incarceration to Reentry: Education & Training Pathways in Ohio
- Critiquing Adult Participation in Education (CAPE)
- 92,243 hits
- About Facts and Statistics Adult Learning Adult Literacy Annual Performance Report Career Pathways Child and Family College Career Readiness Standards Demographic Profiles Economic Development Employment Facts and Statistics for Adult Literacy Financial Literacy GED Graduation Rates Health Literacy Internet Statistics Job Skills Math Standards National Statistics Nonprofit management PIAAC Policy Paper reading instruction Research on adult education and literacy Technology in adult education Transitions U.S. Census Update Virginia Statistics Workforce Youth Statistics
- Good news! Online registration is extended until January 31, 2020. Register: aelconference.com https://t.co/ExeSrnNNPa 1 day ago
- Winter Term 2020 Online Course Registration Reminder! Registration ends Friday, January 17 for "ELPS & Adult Educat… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- Keep your New Year’s resolution and stay on top of professional development with not one, not two, but three webina… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- RT @SharonBonney: The next edition of the #COABE Journal will focus on workforce development/work based literacy. Articles are being accept… 3 days ago
- It's the first Tech Tuesday of 2020. Learn about Socrative which is an interactive, web-based student-response sy… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
This blog is made available by the Virginia Adult Learning Resource Center (VALRC) for informational purposes only and to provide links to sites that lead to statistics and information about adult education and literacy. VALRC does not endorse or recommend any products, processes, or services mentioned in the linked websites and blog posts published on this site. The views and opinions authors expressed in the links on this blog do not necessarily state or reflect those of the VALRC or the Virginia Department of Education.
Banner ImageCourtesy Ken Teegardin, Numbers and Finance from flicker, taken March 19, 2011.
Math Scores Add Up for Hispanic Students
Math Scores Add Up for Hispanic Students: States and School Districts Notable for Recent Gains by Hispanic Students in Mathematics – This report shows significant gains in math achievement by Hispanic fourth- and eighth-graders across the nation—the equivalent of one grade level in the last ten years (2003-3013). Using data from the National Assessment of Educational Progress, Child Trends reviewed and compared fourth and eighth grade math scores in the nation, states, large cities, and select school districts. – Read more at this link.